[GP-Eldorado-n] Fw: Please forward: Free Picnic and Rally Sun., Sept. 24 at Camp Lotus

Diana Stauffer dianasum at directcon.net
Mon Sep 18 19:30:22 PDT 2006

Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:02 PM
Subject: Please forward: Free Picnic and Rally Sun., Sept. 24 at Camp Lotus

Hi Diana,

        Please forward widely. Thanks!

      People Before Politics Picnic & Rally

      Sunday, September 24,
      1 to 6 p.m.

      at beautiful Camp Lotus in Coloma

      The last stop of the Haswell for Assembly Whistle Stop Tour is along the American River at Camp Lotus for a celebration of people-powered politics. Join us for an afternoon of FREE, barbecue picnic lunch (1 to 3 p.m.), live music and exciting guest speakers. Charlie Weiss, Station Manager for Air America 1320 AM will be the MC.

      Featuring:
        a.. Fresh farm foods from our own Foothills growers including apple pie from Apple Hill
        b.. Special guest speakers including Darrell Steinberg (future State Senator) and Jerome Waldie, retired five-term Congressman
        c.. Live music by the Mother Jones & Jim Dyar Bands
        d.. Special activities & games for kids!

      "It's refreshing to have a candidate like Rob who cares about both the environment and our communities. He truly understands the success of our economy depends on both."
      - Bill Center, owner of Camp Lotus and a former El Dorado County Supervisor

      "Camp Lotus by the south fork of the American River is a perfect spot for this event. We're at a critical juncture for our quality of life in this district. If we don't stand up and fight to preserve our natural resources and rural heritage now, it will be too late. The future of Lake Tahoe, the American River Canyon, the Sierra foothills, and our agricultural and ranch lands are hanging in the balance."
      - Rob Haswell, Democratic candidate for State Assembly, District 4

      Bring your family and friends. Let's make this the biggest political rally ever held in the Sierra foothills!

      www.RobHaswellforAssembly.com

      [Photo by Mark Leder Adams]