[GP-Eldorado-n] CAMEJO 4 GOV: Let Peter Debate October 7!

Diana Stauffer dianasum at directcon.net
Fri Sep 22 23:03:17 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rachel Odes" <rachelodes at gmail.com>
To: <Votecamejo at topica.com>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 4:53 PM
Subject: CAMEJO 4 GOV: Let Peter Debate October 7!

September 22, 2006

Dear Supporters,

The debate between Phil Angelides and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the
run-up to the November election promises to be a program the average
California voter can fall asleep to. If Schwarzenegger has his way, he
won't even have to defend himself in a REAL, non-scripted debate on
October 7 in Sacramento. Instead, he can rely on the Hollywood
production skills he's mastered throughout his long, mediocre career to
craft as vacuous an image as possible, and then float into office on a
raft of money.

But it doesn't have to be this way. There's a candidate who can
challenge politics as usual in the debates, just like he did in the 2003
recall debate where he broke new ground for progressive voices
everywhere. Peter Camejo is that candidate, and he can help wake up
California voters and make Phil and Arnold answer the questions we all
want to ask them.

California voters want to hear Peter in the debates. They said as much
in an independent poll conducted by the Mexican American Political
Association that showed 63 percent of likely voters favor the inclusion
of Green Party gubernatorial candidate Peter Camejo in any debate.

We need to take action to LET PETER DEBATE.

Please call and/or write to the CA Broadcasting Association*, who is
hosting the Oct 7th debate. Ask them to include Peter in the debate, and
make sure to mention that 63 percent of likely voters favor the
inclusion of Green Party gubernatorial candidate Peter Camejo in any
debate.

Also, call and/or write to your local media asking for Peter to be
included in the debates. The voters have spoken; they want to hear a
voice independent of the two corporate sponsored candidates.

This is an urgent action request because the scheduled debate is only
two weeks away. Your immediate action is needed to stimulate the debate
organizers to include Peter Camejo.

If we are successful we will hear Peter tell the truth about fair taxes,
education, immigration, renewable energy, the failure of Three Strikes
and the need for an immediate end to the war in Iraq, to the people of
California on October 7.

Thank you for your help.
Jo Chamberlain
Campaign Manager