[GP-Eldorado-n] GREENS & FRIENDS - LOON LAKE VOLUNTEER CLEANUP - SEPT5-7, FRI-SUN

Linda K Howard linda-howard at juno.com
Sun Aug 31 08:04:26 PDT 2008

Hello from the Green Party of El Dorado County,
Can you please help us advertise our annual community
event?  This effort has been organized by our Tahoe section
and volunteers have come from both the lake & Placerville area.
Please take what you can use from the following information.
Thank you so much for the support. Linda Howard 620-4364

GREENS & FRIENDS - LOON LAKE VOLUNTEER CLEANUP
      and STAY IN THE CHALET, SEPT.5-7, 2008 (FRI-SUN)

Do you want to get away to gorgeous Loon Lake- 6600 Feet, up in the
Crystal Basin?  90 minutes from South Lake Tahoe &/or Placerville, SEPT.
5-7, FRIDAY- SUNDAY.  (It's the backside of the Rubicon Trail). FREE STAY
at the top of the lake, in the CHALET!!  just for us Greens & friends of
Greens. Toilets, dumpers, water, sleeping pads, small kitchenette,
sitting area in the chalet.  And fishing, hiking, swimming & playing by a
huge Lake before/after cleanup work.
We will be cleaning up either, the beach, roads, rough campsites, & the
general area. This must be done before the trash blows into the lake. The
Forest Supervisor Charis Parker from PARKS & REC. will provide us with
the tools we need. But I would bring a pair of gloves & hat. We can work
[volunteer] for 4 hours per day, Saturday & Sunday or just come up for
just one of the days only, and the rest of the time is ours to play.
You must bring all your own food & personal gear- flashlight, coat, long
pants, soap & sleeping stuff, etc. The weather will be in the 70s in the
day: but the low 30s at night. DIRECTIONS- COMING FROM PLACERVILLE ON HYW
50 TAKE LEFT TURN ON ICE-HOUSE ROAD 9-MILES PASS POLLACK PINES. IF you
see Saint Paulys Restaurant you pass it up, go back 1 mile to ICE HOUSE
ROAD. GO ALL THE WAY UP TO LOON LAKE AT THE END OF ICE HOUSE ROAD, TO THE
'LOON LAKE CHALET', JUST BEFORE THE LAST DAM AT THE UPPER END OF THE
LAKE.   IF COMING FROM SOUTH LAKE TAHOE ON HYW 50, I MILE PASS SAINT
PAULYS RESTARANT TAKE A RIGHT TURN ON TO ICE HOUSE ROAD, IF YOU SEE FRESH
POND GAS STATION YOU PASS IT, GO BACK 1 MILE TO ICE HOUSE ROAD. ALSO IF
YOU GET LOST ALONG THE WAY, ASK SOMEONE!
 FOR MORE INFO Contact- ROD WALTON 530-541-7729, OR E-MAIL -AT
TAHOEGREENPARTY at YAHOO.COM ,OR LINDA HOWARD-530-620-4364.

Get the shot you need with a discreet new spy camera. Click now!