[Marin-annc] Mar. 16 deadline to apply for Calif. GPUS delegate or alternate!

Marnie Glickman marnie at greenchange.com
Thu Mar 5 11:46:41 PST 2009

> GREEN PARTY COUNTY CONTACTS MESSAGE
>
> This is an announcement from the GPCA Contact List.  For more
> information, or questions related to the topic of the posting,
> please do not hit reply.  Follow the contact directions
> stated in the email.

> Dear Greens,
>
> Two years ago, as part of the national party's re-apportionment
> process,
> the number of national party delegates from California was increased
> from 13 to 42.  Because our delegates (and alternates) have two-year
> terms, the majority of those seats are now up for election:  32 of the
> 42 delegate seats, and 28 of the 42 alternate seats will be voted on
> at
> the upcoming May state party plenary meeting.  (Note:  About 14 to 18
> current delegation members will likely be running for re-election --
> mostly for delegate seats.  But even so, over 40 seats will still be
> open for new delegation members).
>
> If you would like to apply for one of these seats, please send your
> statement to:  apps-archive at lists.cagreens.org  as soon as possible,
> and
> definitely no later than March 16, 2009.  (Please indicate whether you
> are applying to be a delegate or an alternate).  Your statement should
> include biographical information about positions, experience, skills,
> and/or service that you have had (both within and outside of the Green
> Party), along with your vision or commitment for the position.
> (Please
> see statements submitted by previous candidates for examples, here:
> http://www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/applications_2008/
> gpus_delegation/ ).
>  You should also be familiar with the delegate and alternate duties,
> guidelines, and expectations, which are listed on our state party
> website at:  http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/delegate_guidelines.shtml
>
> If you have any questions, please contact any current delegation
> members
> whom you may know, or you can contact our delegation co-chairs:  Sanda
> Everette ( sanda at greens.org ) and Greg Jan ( gregjan4 at yahoo.com ).  Of
> course, please be sure to forward this message to all relevant local
> and
> county listserves and e-mail lists!  And thanks in advance for helping
> us to maintain California's delegation to the national party!
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Sanda Everette
> Greg Jan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marnie Glickman
Executive Director
Green Change

www.greenchange.org
503.313.7919 w
707.313.7919 f
skype: marnieglickman

My Green Change page:
http://network.greenchange.org/people/marnie

Green Change is a community of people with Green values:  justice,
grassroots democracy, sustainability and non-violence.  We work
together to share Green art, politics and culture.