[Marin-d] GPCA GROW MEETING NOTES-GP COULD LOSE STATE BALLOT ACCESS-NEW GREENS NEEDED+SB-375 (Transportation Planning) and AB-32 (Greenhouse Gases).

david quinley david_quinley at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 11:37:23 PST 2008

FW: ATTENDEES: Michael Borenstein (co-co), Richard Gomez, Ellen Maisen (co-co), Paul Seger, Tim Smith, Sharon Peterson

NEXT CALL: Monday, 12/22, 7:30pm. (REQUEST: Please invite someone from your County!)

=PRIORITIES=

VOTER
REGISTRATION: The Green Party is down to some 118,000 registered
voters. If we go down below 1% of the voters in the last gubernatorial
election, we'll lose ballot status! Tim Smith says we need to do a
1991-style registration drive, this time to stay on the ballot rather
than get on it in the first place.

LOBBYING: Paul Seger
suggested that we start legislative watches. Greens would follow bills
and attend hearings around the state, presenting a unified message. Two
bills for potential starters would be SB-375 (Transportation Planning)
and AB-32 (Greenhouse Gases).

gpca-grow at lists.riseup.net

To unsubscribe, please send to: