[Marin-d] cc rep status for North Bay

Marnie Glickman marnie at greenchange.com
Fri Feb 27 16:21:11 PST 2009

Hi folks,

FYI, the regional GP election is still up in the air.  Gary and I can
not participate in the election process b/c we will be out of town.

Marnie

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Tim Morgan" <blkcloud at sonic.net>
> Date: February 27, 2009 4:16:55 PM PST
> To: "'Chris Malan'" <cmalan at myoneearth.org>, "'Michael S Wyman'" <mswyman at comcast.net
> >
> Cc: <GPSCcoordinators at yahoogroups.com>, "'Marnie Glickman'" <marnie at greenchange.com
> >, <Napagreens at aol.com>
> Subject: cc rep status for North Bay
>
> Mike Wyman knows this but I want to make it formal. After March 2nd,
> 2009, I am resigning from my position as regional representative for
> the North Bay Region. My reasons are simple, as of February 2009 our
> Chris, Mike, and my terms are up as rep and alts and although the
> GPCA bylaws say that we remain in office until there is a new
> election, I don’t believe in that and as I did in my last stint on
> the CC before, I will resign. I had hung this past month on pending
> the outcome of the regional meeting and election which was to have
> happened on March 8th. But with it not happening for some indefinite
> period of time I have no desire to hang on as some cc members do. So
> I’m gone. This means that Chris Malan, will be our regional rep
> unless Chris chooses to resign as well which would then leave Mike
> Wyman as the rep. He has expressed to me his potential intention to
> resign as well but that’s not official until it comes from him.
> Should Chris and Mike decide to resign then our region will have no
> vote on the GPCA CC until we elect a new rep and alts.
>
> So we still need to have a regional meeting and election. To do that
> we need an election committee. This would consist of three greens
> one from each county. We have Rob Morse from Napa, myself from
> Sonoma, and we need one from Marin. When we get the committee formed
> we can then get about the business of having a meeting and an
> election.
>
> Tim Morgan
> Outgoing Regional Rep for the North Bay Region

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marnie Glickman
Executive Director
Green Change

www.greenchange.org
503.313.7919 w
707.313.7919 f
skype: marnieglickman

My Green Change page:
http://network.greenchange.org/people/marnie

Green Change is a community of people with Green values:  justice,
grassroots democracy, sustainability and non-violence.  We work
together to share Green art, politics and culture.