[Marin-d] Fwd: Green Party 2010 Electoral Strategy Session, March 28th, Los Angeles City College

Marnie Glickman marnie at greenchange.com
Sun Mar 15 19:45:59 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Green Party of California Strategy Retreat <strategyretreat at cagreens.org
> >
> Date: March 15, 2009 7:28:45 PM PDT
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
> Subject: Green Party 2010 Electoral Strategy Session, March 28th,
> Los Angeles City College
>
> Event page: http://www.cagreens.org/ccwg/2009/
> strategy_session_2010.php
>

> Greening California 2010 Strategy Session
> Los Angeles City College
> Saturday, March 28
> 855 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90029
> come via the subway to Vermont/Santa Monica Bl.
> Hosted by the Green Party of California's Campaigns & Candidates
> Working Group
> Event open and free to the public • $5 or more donation requested to
> cover costs
> Please RSVP to strategyretreat at cagreens.org so we can have an idea
> of how many will be attending
>
> Morning: Green Party Strategy
> Afternoon: Greening California - Issue Pillars for 2010
>
> Morning: Green Party Strategy
> room to be announced
>
> 09:00 am - Registration; Light morning snacks; Socializing
>
> 10:00 am - GPCA elections trends and 2010 Goals Proposals
>
> Presentation by Michael Feinstein,
> former City Councilmember and Mayor, Santa Monica
> with Q&A/Discussion
> Resource links:	Green Party of California election results, by year
>  	Green Party of California Strategy Debate, featuring Peter Camejo
> and Mike Feinstein. Moderated by Matt Gonzalez. Laney College,
> Oakland. August 2006 (video)
>
> 11:00 am - Opportunities in 2010 partisan elections
>
> • Demographics; open seats, unopposed seats; recruit a candidate
> • Campaign Goals & Visions: Presentations by prospective candidates
>
> Jack Lindblad	AD 39 (East San Fernando Valley)		Lisa Green	AD 53
> (South Bay)
> Linda Piera-Avila	AD 41 (Santa Monica, Los Angeles, Malibu, Oxnard)
> Daniel Brezenoff	AD 54 (Long Beach, San Pedro, Palos Verdes
> Peninsula)
>
> Michael McCue	AD 42 (Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley)
>
> Ross Frankel	Board of Equalization, District 4 (Los Angeles County)
>
> Alex Walker	AD 47 (Los Angeles)		Lew Tremaine	Governor
> Felicia Mollinedo	AD 49 (San Gabriel Valley)
> 12:15 pm Lunch Break
>
> Afternoon: Greening California - Issue Pillars for 2010
> Life Sciences Room 102
>
> 01:30 pm Land Use, Tax Policy, Sustainability and Climate Change
>
> Rethinking Proposition 13
> Presentation by Roy Uhlrich,
> President, California Tax Reform Association
> SB 375: Thinking Globally, Planning Regionally, Implementing Locally
> Presentation by Jennifer Sarnecki,
> Regional & Comprehensive Planning,
> Southern California Association of Governments
> Resource links:	The Empire's New Clothes: The Failure to Assess
> Commercial Property at Market Value. By Lenny Goldberg, California
> Tax Reform Association
>  	Proposition 13: Some Unintended Consequences. By Jeffrey I.
> [...]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marnie Glickman
Executive Director
Green Change

www.greenchange.org
503.313.7919 w
707.313.7919 f
skype: marnieglickman

My Green Change page:
http://network.greenchange.org/people/marnie

Green Change is a community of people with Green values:  justice,
grassroots democracy, sustainability and non-violence.  We work
together to share Green art, politics and culture.