[Marin-d] green-party=marin has majority 3 in fairfax co., maybe 4 latter2.Curtis Robinson, leading vote-getter for the Marin County Board of Ed.-how we miss this guy

davidquinley at aol.com davidquinley at aol.com
Thu Nov 5 13:45:01 PST 2009

In Fairfax also if Reed goes back to being green, we 4 not just 3 majority

Curtis Robinson, leading vote-getter for the Marin County Board of Ed.-how we miss this guy?

i was ask again if could put pam be on the council, and shes willing to be on, because really only have a council of 5, if count how communicates with us, and does anyone know Curtis Robinson, that would make 7, hey curtis u on this email?

fw:News Advisory
THE GREEN PARTY OF CALIFORNIA www.cagreens.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Contact: Cres Vellucci, press secretary, 916.996-9170
cvellucci at cagreens. org
Susan King, spokesperson, 415.823-5524
sking at cagreens. org

Greens gain majority on Bay Area city council,
rack up wins in local races around California
in aftermath of Tuesday's elections

SACRAMENTO – Greens captured wins in five of five local
elections Tuesday night – including one in a Bay Area city
where members of the Green Party of California now hold a
majority on the city council.

Green Pam Hartwell-Herrero was the top vote-getter in
Fairfax Town Council race, and joins Greens Larry Bragman
and Lew Tremaine already on the council. It's the third time
Greens have held the majority on a city council in
California – Arcata (1996-1998) and Sebastopol (2000-2006)
have also had Green majorities.

Other Green Party victors Tuesday included: Curtis Robinson,
leading vote-getter for the Marin County Board of Education;
Dana Silvernale, school board in the Northern Humboldt Union
High School District; Jim Harvey and Paul Perkovic, Montara
Water and Sanitary District in San Mateo County.

Hartwell-Herrero' s victory in Fairfax mirrors other
progressive wins in Marin County and the region, including
Richmond where Gayle McLaughlin is the elected mayor. Greens
hold at least 39 elected and appointed posts in the state,
including the offices of Supervisor in San Francisco, mayor
in Richmond, Marina City and Sebastopol and
numerous city council and education boards.

In other races of note to the GPCA, Green Jeremy Cloward
finished third in the 10th Congressional District special
election, beating all but the democratic and republican
candidates.

"I am honored and humbled to be a part of the new
establishment of local government where we understand the
real issues facing our society and environment, and are not
afraid to act," said Fairfax Town Council winner
Hartwell-Herrero. "We will continue to represent the Green
Party as a model of sustainability leadership and encourage
its spread throughout the country."

-30-
Blue Cross Health Plans
Quote & compare top health plans like Blue Cross, Aetna, and more!