[Marin-d] DUI Checkpoints Against Undocumented>San Rafael 7:30 pm Meet+ 8pm Council Meets

Greenartist davidquinley at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 12:58:34 PDT 2010

North Bay / Marin | Immigrant Rights
View other events for the week of 8/16/2010

            Title:

            Stop Ineffective Tax Payer Funded DUI Checkpoints San Rafael City Council

            START DATE:

            Monday August 16

            TIME:

             7:30 PM            -            9:30 PM

            Location Details:

            City Hall, 1400 Fifth St, San Rafael.  There will be a pre-meeting in the lobby of City Hall at 7:30 pm Meet @ 8pm

            Event Type:

            Meeting

            http://www.cityofsanrafael.org/Assets/City+Clerk/notices/Independent+Expenditures.pdf + http://www.cityofsanrafael.org/Government/City_Clerk/City_Council_Redevelopment_Agency_Agendas/City_Council_3266.htm?DateTime=634175856000000000&PageMode=View

 18.
 Resolution Approving Use of State of California Office of Traffic Safety Grant Funds in the Amount of $262,400 for Selective Traffic Enforcement Program from October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2011 (PD)
 Explanation: See enclosed material. Staff Report
 Recommend adoption of Resolution. Resolution

 From MPJC
 Are Checkpoints intrusive and an ineffective waste of taxpayer money? Saturation patrols are considered more effective, less costly. Why are we still going after tax payer money via federal grants to harass residents when other more effective tools are available to our police for combating DUI infractions?
 San Rafael City has a proposal for an additional Office of Traffic Safety Grant for DUI/DL Checkpoints on the Agenda for the City Council Meeting. Come and be heard. Say no to ineffective checkpoints. Does the city have policy for alcohol on city property? How sincere are they when combating alcohol abuse in our communities?
 . http://www.mpjc.org/ put up by http://twitter.com/davidaquinley

http://www.facebook.com/david.quinley?ref=mf