[Marin-d] Fwd: Wen. Peace Novato Meetings and Crane Folding

Greenartist davidquinley at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 11:30:11 PST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Peace Novato <peacenovato at hotmail.com>
Sent: Tue, Feb 8, 2011 11:03 am
Subject: Peace Novato Meetings and Crane Folding

Peace Friends,

     On the Fourth of July this year, we plan to march with memorial cranes from both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, so we have LOTS of folding to do to get caught up with soldier deaths in Afghanistan. We’ll be meeting and folding at Don’s (6 Angelica Court) this Wednesday (tomorrow) Feb. 9, from 7:30 to 9 pm.  Call or email for directions.

      With adding the cranes folded for the American Servicepersons killed in Afghanistan  (1472 to date) to the cranes folded for those killed in Iraq (4436) we may be approaching 6,000 (That's over 1500 more than last year!) cranes by July 4th.  That means we'll need AT LEAST 8 more people than last year to volunteer for the parade.  Please consider keeping the 4th of July open to help show our patriotism in Novato.  And, invite your friends to come out too.

     In spite of the recent weather here in Novato, we are still on our winter vigil schedule.  We'll have our "3rd Friday" monthly vigil next week, February 18, in front of City Hall, 901 Sherman at Delong.

In Peace,
Julie, 883-8324
Don,  897-0516

                     =