[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: [gpsmc-cc] Goals for Regional Rep Selection and Duties]

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 23:51:42 PST 2005

FYI,

Gerry

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gpsmc-cc] Goals for Regional Rep Selection and Duties
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:38:47 -0800 (PST)
From: James Shannon <agofficer at sbcglobal.net>
To: gpsmc-cc at cagreens.org

Hi Everyone,

As Gerry mentioned, there was a consensus at our regional meeting in
Davis that SCC and SMC would like to revamp our process of selecting the
regional and alternate representatives.  Furthermore, we wanted this new
process to take effect when Gerry and Mitch's terms expire at the next
plenery.  So, a little haste is required.

SCC and SMC agreed to independently come up with our own goals of how
the process should work and what is expected of the representatives.
Then several people from each county would try and hash out an agreement
(bylaws, perhaps) that would lead to consensus by both county councils.
Because we want to have the new method in place by the spring plenery
and give adequate time to search for candidates, we're working with a
short time line.

Goals for each council need to be outlined by the end of December.  The
appointed members from each council n! eed to draft language during
January so they can be presented to the county councils for comments in
February, with the goal of a final agreement no later than March.

As I am out of school through the month of January, I volunteer to
spearhead this effort.  If we can post what we would like to see
accomplished with these new bylaws, I'll summarize these goals and
present them by the end of next week.  In that time, individuals who
would like to help in this effort can make themselves known.  We can
then contact our counterparts from SCC and set about drafting language.

How does this sound?

cheers,
jim