[Sosfbay-discuss] Pombo Watch Update: BIA runs out of money

wrolley at charter.net wrolley at charter.net
Mon Dec 19 10:24:32 PST 2005

((((((((((((((( Pombo Watch Update: BIA runs out of money )))))))))))))))

                          2005.12.19 10:24:32

http://www.refpub.com/PomboWatch/archives/2005/12/bia_runs_out_of_money.html

I made several updates to Pombo Watch today.  While Pombo and his
committee focus on Indian Gaming question, the Bureau of Indian Affairs
runs out of money for the social programs that they contracted to
provide.  Pombo has direct control over which bills are sent to
committee or sub-committee for review.	If thigs go right, he should
get credit.  When they fail, he should thak the hit.

I also alert everyone that a John McCain lobbyist relations bill,
triggered by the Abramoff scandal, will go to the Resources Committee.
It will be interesting to watch.