[Sosfbay-discuss] A Green Candidate?

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 23 00:21:23 PST 2005

Andrea,

I am confused by your email.

1) Have you heard about anyone talking about throwing out Camejo?

2) Are you reacting to the statement "it could be devisive WITHIN
    the party"?  And if so, do you think that Camejo running would
    or would not be divisive?

3) FWIW, Camejo has sometimes not been the most diplomatic on
    some issues, so I would not be surprised if his campaign was
    divisive.  (No, I am not saying that it WOULD be divisive,
    just that I would not be surprised if... .  Of course, these
    days it sometimes seems that almost anything is divisive,
    but enough said about that.)

4) FWIW, I don't know what the overall thinking was of those who
    opposed Nader running, but the most common reason I heard was
    that Nader had already run 3 times, and that if the GP kept
    running Nader, people would take us less seriously.  Remember
    Harold Stassen became a joke after running many times:
        http://www.who2.com/haroldstassen.html

    NOTE: I am not saying that Nader should not have run for
    President in 2004, I am just saying I understand the concern
    about it.

Gerry