[Sosfbay-discuss] Confirmation Hearings

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 17:03:48 PDT 2005

Dear Green Friends,

 > "Thurgood Marshall called Rehnquist 'a great Chief Justice,' ...

Yes, it is true that Thurgood Marshall never said unkind things about
William Rehnquist.

It is also true that Thurgood Marshall never said an unking thing about
ANYBODY.

It is a stance that is all too common among Establishment Liberals.

The truth is William Rehquist was a bullying bastard -- and a pretty
dumb one at that -- just like the Nixons and the Reagans who appointed
him.

>  "I am of the opinion that the animosity between right and left in
this country has blinded too, too many to the basic humanity of all"

Pretty words.

I am of the opinion that the loyalty of too many "progressives" to
"people like me" has blinded them to just exactly what kind of monsters
these damned "conservatives" are.

I am deeply saddened and disappointed that in the year 2005, most of my
Euro-America brothers cannot brings themselves to say the horror in New
Orleans was RACIST.

Jesus once said:  "How can you love God whom you have not seen when you
cannot love your neighbor whom you have seen."  Frankly, I am no longer
impressed by those who cry tears for Iraqis, Palestinians, Cubans,
Vietnamese, or Nicaraguans "Over There" when they can never summon the
courage to piss off their old drinking 'n golfing buddies on behalf of
oppressed people "Over Here." .

Sure, I recognize the "humanity" of conservatives.  I have never
advocated hate.  I have never advocated violence.  As a matter of fact,
one of the reasons why I left the Democratic Party is that I do NOT
agree with the notion of some Democrats that it's okay to do ANYTHING
(including lying, cheating, and stealing), to "win."

As for being a "traitor," I, myself, have been accused of being a "race
traitor" more than a few times by refusing to indulge in certain "Hate
Whitey" nonsense from some.  Some of you may recall how old Roy would
say certain over-the-top things about "The Jews" in his many rants
against Israel and the Zionists.  I called him on it.  I have also
often defended the Green Party from this pernicious, hypocritical
canard that the Green Party is "too white" (I said it again at the CCWG
meeting in San Francisco -- and, as usual, I got nailed for it from
other people of color).  It has even been said that our Green Issues,
i.e. Environmental issues are a "white folks thing" (I trust that after
Katrina we won't be hearing that one for a while).

For three years, after 9/11, we who dared criticize Bush have been
called "Traitors" to America.  They say we "hate America" and "hate
freedom" and are "with the terrorists."

I wear these insults as a badge of honor!

We are all friends here, so I'll tel you what I really think.  I think
we have come to a pivotal moment in the history of humanity.  In this
globalized, interdependent world there will be times when... to save
the planet... it will be the duty of each and every one of us...  to be
"traitors" to one BULLSHIT thing or another.

Alex Walker