[Sosfbay-discuss] Katrina Food Aid to be Burned?

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Thu Sep 22 12:09:48 PDT 2005

KPFA reported that food from several nations is considered "unfit for
human consumption."
Interesting.
They also turned down Cuba and several other countries who offered
doctors and other medical personnel with planes waiting to take off
weeks ago.
I chuckled when the President Chavez announced from New York in his
interview by KPFA that Venezuela is offering highly discounted gas to
the POOR of the US, starting in Chicago, managed by Citgo, their
national petrol company.
He also announced that Venezuela and Cuba are offering free eye
surgeries for the poor, including those of the US, for glaucoma and
other sight-threatening conditions.  All a poor person has to do is go
to the nearest Venezuelan Embassy to apply!
Don't you just LOVE this?
Talk about embarrassment for the US--our richest of all RICH countries!!
Andrea