[Sosfbay-discuss] Americans in Iraq vs. New Yorkers on 9/11/01

Bob Alavi baalavi at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 12:22:09 PDT 2006

Gerry, Thank you for mentioning it.

  Couple of points:

  1.  In February 2005, the NYC "911" Chief of Police (then a candidate for Homeland Security); in a TESTIMONY before US Senate quoted a "2300" number -- not 3000 as commonly believed.

  2.  Assuming the worst of the two cases, taking 3000 casualties, they weren't all US Citizens.  Many tourists and immigrants were amongst them.  Therefore "American" casualties of war may have already exceeded the 911 count.  If you add "ally casualties" to that, you may easily exceed the 911 high casualty count.  Not counting a single Iraqi casualty.

  3.  The prez "accepted responsibility" for all that?  What's that supposed to mean?  A high-terror performer with lies, chetas, and deceptions worse than Osama?

  =====

  I'd say time for a MILITARY TRIBUNAL FOR THE WAR CRIMINAL.

  =====
  ba

Gerry Gras <gerrygras at earthlink.net> wrote:

- # deaths in New York was about 3,000
- # American deaths in Iraq is about 2,400, (80% of 3000)

At the current rate, the number of American deaths in Iraq
will exceed the 9/11 deaths in a few months (4-6?).

Gerry

I don't know if I should mention this or not, but I have
heard that currently
- 3000 die in automobile "accidents" every month
- 3000 die from tobacco every 3 days