[Sosfbay-discuss] House members sue Bush and others over budget

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 28 12:41:44 PDT 2006

Gerry Gras wrote:

> Short version:
>
> Bush has signed a budget bill passed only by the Senate, and has
> begun to implement it.
>

> Long version (from the AP):
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/27/ap/politics/mainD8H8L2MGI.shtml
>

> Statement by John Conyers (Ranking member of the House Judiciary
> Committee):
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20060428/cm_huffpost/019943;_ylt=A86.I14fqVFE5rAALiP9wxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--
>

> If you have trouble with the long URL's, you might try searching the web
> for "House president budget conyers" (without the quotes).
>
> Gerry

After reading both items above, I noticed that in the CBS article,
someone had said that difference between the 2 bills was a minor
clerical error, and nowhere did it say what the actual difference
was.

But this article does ($2,000,000,000 difference):
http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=8787

Gerry