[Sosfbay-discuss] No great press out of Pennsylvania

Larry Cafiero_Liaison larrycafiero_liaison at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 09:05:18 PDT 2006

I'm going to assume, Sam, that your statement about Greens taking money
from Republicans is sarcasm, as there is no "tradition" of this sort at all.

However, we have had Republicans co-opt the party for their own purposes
right in our own backyard. In 2004, a Monterey Republican Central
Committee member named Paul Bruno put up the filing fee for Carmel
electrician unknown to anyone in the local party in Monterey for the
15th Senate District in an effort to take votes away from the Democrat
in that race.

I don't know this guy Romanelli, or the Green Party gubernatorial
candidate they mention, but I would be willing to bet that they are
Greens by registration only, and nothing else (or, worse, Republicans
trying to game the electoral system at our expense). I think they are
props set up by the Republicans in the same way this guy in SD15 was set up.

True, it looks bad, but then it would be interesting to see how the Pa.
Green Party reacts to this.

Larry Cafiero
Liaison to the Secretary of State
Green Party of California