[Sosfbay-discuss] Telephone Script For Calling Greens About August 13th Picnic

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 20:00:35 PDT 2006

MODEL SCRIPT AND NOTES FOR AUGUST 13TH PICNIC
TELEPHONE CALLS

Below is a model telephone script to invite GPSCC members to the August  13th
picnic at
Uvas Canyon County Park.  This is an outline for talking  points, but
remember to be yourself when you leave a voicemail message or talk  to someone.

Please keep track of all responses or non-responses and provide that
information
to Warner or Cameron (e.g., wrong number; moved; or volunteers  information).
This is an experiment to try to contact people who usually  don’t hear from
us.  *************************************************
TELEPHONE "SCRIPT" FOR  PICNIC AND TABLING

Hello:  Is _ (Name of Person)_there (or at home)?

[If voicemail; start here after "Hello".]
I'm calling to invite [name  of person] to a Green Party picnic at Uvas
Canyon County Park, Sunday, August  13th, and to let you know we will have
a booth at the Tapestry Festival in  downtown San Jose during the Labor Day
weekend.

[Next: If talking to someone.]
Would you be interested in coming to the  picnic or meeting other
Greens at the Tapestry Festival? [Continue or give  closing information
depending on response.]

[Next: If voicemail or another person is taking message.]
We would like  to see you at either event.  You can call us at 408-223-2784
or go to  our webpage at cagreens.org/sclara.

Answers To Some  Frequently Asked Questions:  (If you are asked a question
you can’t  answer, write it down and tell the person you will try to have
someone
call  back with the information.  Be sure to get the question, and person’s
name
and telephone number to someone for the call back, or do it yourself  after
getting
the information.)

How did you get this telephone number?
Answer:  All political  parties are allowed to get a copy of
the registered voters list and use it  to contact its members.

What are directions to Uvas Canyon County Park?
Uvas Canyon County Park  is located at the end of Croy Road in Uvas Canyon.
>From Highway 101, take Bernal  Road west. Turn left on Santa Teresa Boulevard.
Travel south three miles and  turn right onto Bailey Avenue. Follow Bailey
Road 2.3 miles to McKean Road. Turn  left onto McKean Road (McKean Road becomes
Uvas Road 2.2 miles south of Bailey  Road). From Bailey Road travel 6 miles
south on McKean/Uvas Road and turn right  onto Croy Road. Continue 4.4 miles on
Croy Road, through Sveadal, to reach the  Park entrance. Sveadal is a private
resort belonging to the Swedish American  Patriotic League. Please respect
their privacy and drive slowly as you pass  through Sveadal.

When will the picnic happen?  Sunday August 13th, about 12 Noon to 4  pm

When and Where are local meetings?  We have business meetings on the  first
Thursday of the month at 7:30 pm at the San Jose Peace Center 48 South 7th
Street just north of San Jose State University (but this schedule may  change).
We are also planning to begin start program and
discussion  meetings.

What else is the local Green Party doing?  We are working on a  candidates
event
the end of September or early October in Mountain  View.  We also table at
farmers markets and community events to  register voters and distribute our
literature.
[Ask:  What kinds of  things would you be interested in helping with?]

Are there Green Party candidates in the November election?
Yes.   There are Green Party candidates for statewide offices as well as
Congressional  (CD),
State Senate (SD) and State Assembly (AD) candidates in some other  districts
--
Todd Chretian for U.S. Senate;  Peter Camejo for Governor;  Donna Warren for
Lt. Governor;

What are Green Party positions on ballot measures on the November  Election?
Our local Green Party has endorsed the County Green Belt  Initiative.  The
state party
is still developing its positions on the  statewide ballot  measures.