[Sosfbay-discuss] Michael Berg says break the cycle of violence

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 20:03:23 PDT 2006

Here's the press release I arranged for the Michael Berg press
conference I'd set up that followed the Berkeley talk that I
substituted for the house party I originally had scheduled at Fred's
club house (gee there's four I's in there. ;-) ).  Yes I was very busy
this week setting this and another appearance he did with CodePink in
SF Saturday.  My point?  Working with the Alameda Green Party, Richmond
Progressive Alliance and Code Pink in just a few days we put together
all this.  This is something we CAN do.  We can put together events and
we can do press conferences.  Its not that hard.  We CAN do this and we
CAN make a difference here in Silicon Valley.  And BTW, it may be
possible to invite Michael Berg here again (in a more planned out ahead
of time way) in the future. ;-)

URGENT NEWS ADVISORY
Sunday, August 6, 2006
Contact: Fred Hosea 510-684 6925

Father who has forgiven al Qaida leader
for beheading son in Iraq makes
Bay Area stops Sunday

BERKELEY – Michael Berg – the father who says he forgives Abu Musab
al-Zarqawi, the al Qaida leader for allegedly beheading Berg's son,
Nicholas Berg – will make several special appearances in the Bay Area
Sunday.

Berg will hold a NEWS BRIEFING on SUNDAY at 4 p.m. at the North
Berkeley
BART Station with Gayle McLaughlin, candidate for Richmond mayor.

Now running as a Green Party peace candidate for Congress in Delaware,
Berg will also be available for interview at the following Bay Area
events:

 	2:30 p.m. Sunday, where he will speak at the Berkeley Unitarian
Universalist Unitarian Church.

 	7 p.m. Sunday, at the 10th annual International Forgiveness Day event
at Dominican University (Angelico Hall) in San Rafael, where he will be
honored. Also among those feted will be the Bay Area's Nadia McCaffrey,
who son, Sgt. Patrick McCaffrey, was killed in Iraq.

Berg was thrust into the media spotlight when his son Nick was abducted
and killed in May, 2004 in Iraq in retaliation for the murders, rapes,
and torture of Iraqis in Abu Ghraib prison. Out of his profound grief
Michael became famous with his statement, Nicholas Berg died for the
sins of George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld. Now he is known for his stand
to end the war.

"Revenge Stops Here. Responsibility Starts Here. This war took the life
of my son Nick, and it takes the life of another son or daughter every
12
minutes. Not one more should die in this immoral and illegal war. Those
who committed the betrayal of trust about Iraq and the weakening of our
country must be held accountable. Bring the troops home now," said
Berg.
-30-

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cows Slayer