[Sosfbay-discuss] "Public Stoning: Not Just for the Taliban"

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 00:19:23 PDT 2006

Let's not play into the self-promoted mythology that Dominionists are
Christians in any way shape or form.  Since they have so little to do
with Jesus (ie. Christ) Reconstructionist Dominionists best not be
confused with Christians and its best not to confuse semantics by the
oxymoron 'Christian Reconstuctionists'.  I'm speaking from significant
Christian theological background and I can say with some authoritative
weight that if you read the Dominionists material you'll find scant
references to Jesus combined with heavy prooftext dependence on
literalistic and out of context references to the Old Testament.
Mainline Christians see them as a cult that is perhaps at best a
spin-off of Christianity, but who have drifted so very far from
Christ's teachings and have themselves become a heretical cult.  The
phrase "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" is tailor made to refute their extreme
anti-christ orientation.

The following passage would be accurate if it read:
Dominionist Reconstructionists believe democracy is heresy and public
school is satanic --  and they've got more influence than you think."

      http://alternet.org/story/40318/

 (More info about the extreme Dominionist right.)

A Million Vote for Peace!

Drew

--- Gerry Gras <gerrygras at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Subheading:
> "Christian reconstructionists believe democracy is heresy and public
> school is satanic -- and they've got more influence than you think."
>

>       http://alternet.org/story/40318/
>
> (More info about the extreme Christian right.)
>
> Gerry

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cows Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com