[Sosfbay-discuss] Now for something completely spiritual!

Bob Alavi baalavi at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 10:15:30 PDT 2006

(  MATHEW 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  )

  ***  words of Jesus are  very much 'From the Bible' (hello!)  ***

  ba
  I observe that the New Testament and in particular the words of Jesus
are very much 'From the Bible' (hello!) and for a real Christian (not
so much for Dominionists) of pivitol import and that the inscrutable
Old Testament passages like the one you plucked out (of context I must
add) take a very, very back seat in importance. It is the New
Testament (Bible) that asserts "God is Love." I Jn 1:15 and the New
Testament that is chalk full of this understanding of God. So lets not
create some kind of straw man argument by taking a nonrepresentative
group (ie/ trying to substitute Dominionists for Christians) and then
try to pin their craziness on the mainstream and try to pretend that is
some kind of valid argument against the mainstream group or their
sacred book. This would be every bit as prejudicialy off-base as when
red-necks try to say that all Muslims are 'Terrorists' and looky here
at this out of context koran reference to prove it!

Love and Peace to you all!

Drew