[Sosfbay-discuss] Network of Spiritual Progressives Book Club meeting tommorrow, Aug 19, in Palo Alto

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 14:58:10 PDT 2006

Progressives can enjoy spirituality and apply their values to their
activism too!

The Network of Spiritual Progressives (NSP) local chapter has two book
clubs, one in Palo Alto (which I've attended and am going to attend
tommorrow) and one in Willow Glen.  The NSP "An Interfaith Movement...
Welcoming to "Spiritual but not Religious Secular People As Well." is
IMO a very interesting organization formed by Rabbi Michael Lerner as
an Interfaith group  to explore and celebrate progressive values in
light of interfaith spirituality (my words, not theirs).  To some
degree IMO its an efforts to rally those on the progressive side that
choose a spiritual path and give balance too the spiritual folks that
are conservative.  Previously the group was reading Rabbi Michael
Lerner's book "The Left Hand of God", and since I missed several
gatherings I'm unclear if this meeting is still on that book or has
moved onto another.  Anyway here's the scoop:

Neil Penn <ftc_penn at yahoo.com> sent this note out and I pass it along
to any who are interested:

Hi All,

The next meeting of our book  group will be on Saturday  August 19
 at 10AM.  We will be discussing the Spiritual Covenant . Each session
has a specific theme .Therefore while it is preferable to attend the
previous session it is not necessary. Please bring brunch type foods

Directions are provide below

 Bob Niederman - Our Host
 554 Kelly Way
 Palo Alto, 94306
 Tel. 650-857-0772

 DIRECTIONS

 From 101 North or South:

 Follow 101 to San Antonion Exit toward Los Altos.
 First light is E. Charleston. Turn Right.
 Follow it as it bends left. Just after crossing El Camino Real
 Turn Left onto McKellor. Make first Right onto Kelly.
 My house is second on the left. Large Palm tree in front.

 From 280 North or South:

 Take 280 to El Monte Exit. Turn toward Los Altos.
 Turn Left on Foothill Expressway. Go several miles.
 Turn right at Arastradero Rd. (Gunn High School is on that corner).
 Just past the firestation (large flagpole on left) turn Right onto
 Suzanne then immediate left onto Kelly. My house is at the end of the
block on the left.  Large Palm tree in the front.

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cows Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com