[Sosfbay-discuss] "Congress Poised to Unravel the Internet"

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 19 13:18:17 PDT 2006

Another article about the end of "net neutrality":

If I recall correctly, Cameron has said that he is not
concerned about the potential changes, because he thinks
it will help resuce spam and make people pay the appropriate
costs.  Have I mistated this, Cameron?

I too would like to see spam reduced.  But I am still
concerned.  It seems to me that when AT&T, Verizon, et al
are pushing the current proposed bill, well, it seems that
if it passes it will be a stop towards centralization of
power over the internet.

When television first came out, it was touted for all its
possible benefits to society and education.  Those benefits
were gradually lost to corporate control.

My primary concern is to what extent will these changes
make it more difficult for average citizens and small groups
to communicate with others.

Gerry