[Sosfbay-discuss] Now for something completely spiritual!

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 17:15:33 PDT 2006

Hmmm... I think that would work for me.  My goal is simply for us to
treat people of whatever spiritual tradition (or of no spiritual
tradition) equally respectfully.  I'm not wanting to promote or to
demote anyone or any group based on their spirituality or lack thereof.
 There ARE groups that I see natural alliances with from various faith
traditions that I feel free to post event info about, but that's about
the extent of anything I would want.

I COULD see the value in discussing (in a general way) how we as a
Green Party with our varying views (including those expressed here
between you and me) find ways to connect with 'mainstream' 'values
voters' such as Michael Lerner talks about in "The Left Hand of God", a
book I'm reading right now - extremely valuable I think for us Greens
to get a handle on.  But again it is not promoting or demoting
particular spirituality (though it does take aim a bit at The
Dominionists, which I see as more of a political movement manipulating
religious symbols than an actual spiritual movement).  So I'd want to
leave room to talk about things like that.  Does that work for you?

Love and Peace to All!

Drew

--- Bob Alavi <baalavi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Drew, Let's make a commitment here out in the open:
>
>   In a tradition of valuing diversity, I will stay off any particular
> brand of (spirituality?) in this forum, if you would too.  Fair
> enough?
>
>   ba
>
> JamBoi <jamboi at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Wouldn't it also be germaine to
> ask whether other Greens want to recieve this discussion?

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cows Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com