[Sosfbay-discuss] mangled message from Carol Brouillet

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Fri Dec 1 20:20:14 PST 2006

Carol sent an oversized message with broken formatting
to sosfbay-discuss.

The text I was able to pull out of it follows.

----
Subject: My Campaign Experience- Looking Forward...
From: Carol Brouillet <cbrouillet at igc.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:41:09 -0800

Many people have been asking me for a campaign report and
an update on my thinking- after the election. This article
contains the gist of it (although it probably leaves out even
more than it says, but that is part of the "description process"
when one draws a line around an experience- separating it from
the larger whole).

Running in Circles: 2006 9/11 Truth/Impeachment Congressional
Campaign Report From Beginning to End, and Where Next? by
Carol Brouillet November 28, 2006

 entire article is at-
 http://www.communitycurrency.org/circles.html

An excerpt:

Recently I was invited to join a circle and I
couldnt resist the invitation, because circles can be very
powerful experiences. Native Americans have traditionally
formed circles, passing a talking stick and speaking from
the heart, to draw from the collective wisdom of the group to
solve problems. Circles respect everyones ability to contribute
and participate meaningfully. The most productive, meaningful
gatherings that Ive participated in have used circle processes;
when they grow large, sometimes they give birth to many new
circles. I see the spread of circles--concentric, overlapping
circles everywhere--as people make more and more connections
between the personal and the political, as the unconscious
becomes conscious, and as light is cast upon the darkest
shadows of our collective experience.

We are needed to midwife the transition from a dying dominator
paradigm, where large institutions and governments hold power
and legitimacy, to the peaceful paradigm where individuals
and small groups with courage, integrity, truth, and heart
will begin to shoulder greater responsibility for pointing
a way through the rapids of change, to avoid the rocks,
the whirlpools of economic collapse, endless war, and the
unleashing of the latest wave of bio-terrorism attacks.

Did the anti-war movement win the recent election? Is the
Baker/Iraq study group just a mask for the fascists to hide
behind, as they lick their wounds and retreat? The proposal to
create a North American Union--a more draconian expansion of
NAFTA that asserts control over Mexicos energy resources--allows
for the super-exploitation of labor and the environment and
guarantees profits to the major players with the costs to
be borne by people and planet. A few Congressmen have put
forward a resolution condemning and drawing attention to the
plan. The idea will be vigorously opposed at the grassroots
level. After a suspicious election, the legitimacy of the
Mexican government remains questionable. Repression, rebellion,
and murder in Oaxaca have sparked solidarity protests in many
American cities and other countries as well. The Global Justice
movement, set back by the events of September 11th, is reviving
and again challenging the most visible dominant institutions
that exercise the most obvious power over most countries.

  --Carol

----
There was a very nice attached image, but its file
was five times larger than the identical-looking
original at http://www.communitycurrency.org/circles.jpg

Cameron