[Sosfbay-discuss] Green Party challengers urge soon-to-be House Speaker to impeach Bush

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 10:33:04 PST 2006

Green Party challengers urge soon-to-be House Speaker to impeach Bush

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, December 8, 2006
Contact: Susan King, spokesperson, 415.823-5524 funking at mindspring.com
	     Sara Amir, spokesperson, 310.270-7106 saraamir at earthlink.net
	     Cres Vellucci, press secretary, 916.996-9170 civillib at cwnet.com

Green Party challengers urge soon-to-be House Speaker
Nancy Pelosi to impeach Bush for 'crimes against humanity,'
note Pelosi's failure to support impeachment is betrayal of voters

SAN FRANCISCO (December 8, 2006)  The failure of soon-to-be House
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) to call for the impeachment of
President George W. Bush and members of his administration should be
considered a "betrayal" of her oath of office, said two former Green
Party congressional candidates today.

Pelosi, who has stated that impeachment is off the table, should "call
George Bush before the U.S. Congress to be fully investigated for high
crimes and misdemeanors, including crimes against humanity from Baghdad
to Biloxi," said Krissy Keefer, who opposed Pelosi in November as the
Green Party candidate in the 8th CD.

Not only did Keefer receive 7.5 percent of the vote running an anti-war
campaign with virtually no budget against an incumbent, San Francisco
voters also approved Measure J, which asks their representatives to
impeach Bush and vice president Dick Cheney.

And, on Sunday, San Franciscans will be holding a giant "impeachment
rally" at UN Plaza.

"The war in Iraq, the botched response to Hurricane Katrina and the
erosion of the Constitution cannot be overlooked. We have the moral
responsibility to impeach. Failing to impeach will increase the
likelihood that we may get someone capable of such crimes again,"
Keefer said.

And, Carol Brouillet, the Green Party candidate for Congress in the
nearby 14th CD (Palo Alto), said she believes Pelosi has a "duty and
obligation to impeach the Bush Regime. Silence in the face of an
avalanche of evidence of criminality would be a betrayal of their oath
of office, the people of this country, and our hopes for the future.

"The Bush Administration has flagrantly violated our Constitution,
trashed the Bill of Rights, launched illegal, immoral wars, lied about
matters of utmost importance to the American people. These people are,
truly, terrorists on an unprecedented scale. It is up to us, the
people, to force our elected representatives to recognize and adhere to
their duty and hold top officials accountable for their heinous crimes,
that means impeachment," Brouillet added.
-30-

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com