[Sosfbay-discuss] The End of the Internet?

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sat Feb 4 11:40:09 PST 2006

Just to exerpt the conclusions from what Cameron said, he speaks the
truty.  I might add that one of the costs that I pay as an internet user
is to have my  cable company handle all of the email that I receive.
Most of it is SPAM.  Some of the rest is malicious.  The SPAMMERS exist
because email is free.  If everyone had to pay a micro-charge for their
email, it would not be much of an additional cost.  I send at the most
20 a day.  But, for many spammers, who sends million, the costs would
start to excede their hope of revenue and that will reduce the number of
routers needed, the amount of switching.  I, for one, would welcome a
scheme by which some sort of micro charge is costed into email.

As a telecom consultant I know  wrote, "If you dig a trench the most
expensive thing you can put into it is dirt."

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
http://www.refpub.com/
Tel: 408.778.3024