[Sosfbay-discuss] spiritual progressives

E. Alan Meece eameece at california.com
Sun Feb 5 00:18:37 PST 2006

Thanks to those of you who replied to my message. I didn't hear anyone
say though that they'd like this to be an agenda item. It doesn't appear
on the agenda for tommorrow night. Would anyone want me to ask that this
be put on the agenda for next month-- that a Green spiritual
progressives caucus be formed at our local group? I would like some
support for this specific idea before I ask for it; I don't want to be
the only member of such a caucus.

If anyone else has a response to my previous email, I'd like to see it.

What is being done in Alameda is fine, but does that mean we only need
such a caucus in some counties? Such as the one in which Tikkun itself
is located? Or at the state level?

Roy, it might be that Rabbi Lerner's non-answer means that he didn't see
or didn't have time to answer you. They get pretty busy at those Tikkun
offices and some of my emails to them have also gone unanswered. The
many articles in Tikkun magazine on this subject seem pretty balanced
and aware of the wrongs committed by Israel; balanced enough for me
anyway, and I am someone who is very critical of Israel.

It would be nice if someone besides ANSWER were available to organize
our peace rallies.

Eric the Green