[Sosfbay-discuss] Spiritual Progressives Discussion

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue Feb 7 19:42:35 PST 2006

I feel sick about the continued burning of rural churches in Alabama,
four more today.   That is not spiritual.

I wonder about those "Christians" who would support the most extreme
Zionist elements because it will bring the 2nd coming ever closer.

I am astounded that Pat Robertson can't keep his mouth shut about politics.

But I also remember summer lessons at the Quaker Meeting House when I
was young.  I wasn't a Quaker.  My family was Methodist, as you might
have guessed from my name.  But the spiritual feeling that came from
that community had nothing at all to do with what I mentioned above.
Some of the best things that Greens are doing derive from their roots in
a spiritual community. That is where Greens are actively involved in the
life of the community and their spiritual values and Green Values come
together.

On the other hand, I recently received a link to an editorial entitiled
"The Islamization of The Green Party" in FrontPage Magazine.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=21115

That is not the Green Party that I know.  For a woman with a scholarly
set of credentials, I find it very misleading, poorly researched, very
biased.  The efforts of California Green Party to reach out to the
Islamic Community are not driven by anti-Israel sentiment, but rather
from the fact that many good Islamic Families have suffered from the
backlash of 911.

If there ever is a time to see the union of spiritual values and Green
Values to set a standard for behaviour, it is now.

BTW: I saw Fred Depperault on Channel 7 KGO-TV tonight.

Wesley

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
http://www.refpub.com/
Tel: 408.778.3024