[Sosfbay-discuss] community health care meeting

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 21 12:27:22 PST 2006

First the notice, then after it a question.

/Come to/ /Fighting for our Lives:/
*A Community* *Health Care Hearing*

Saturday, February 25 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
55 W. Younger Ave., San Jose
(Sheriff’s Auditorium, one block north of First and Hedding)

This is a hearing called by the community to raise awareness about the
urgent need to deal with the health care crisis. Our congressional
representatives and other elected officials have been invited to listen
to *testimony about health care problems and solutions, such as SB 840
and HR 676, bills for comprehensive universal single payer health care.
*It is one of over forty Citizens Congressional Hearings nationwide,
coordinated by Health Care Now and* *Representative John Conyers
(D-Michigan), author of HR 676, _www.healthcare-now.org_.

/*Everybody In, Nobody Out*/

/*Sponsors:* Health Care for All Californians – Silicon Valley
Coalition; San Jose Labor Party; CHAM (Community Homeless Alliance
Ministry); Low-Income Self-Help Center; California Nurses Association;
South Bay Central Labor Council; SIREN (Services, Immigrant Rights and
Education Network); CWA #9423; 9 to 5; Unitarian Fellowship (Santa
Cruz); Funeral Consumers Alliance (Santa Cruz); Women’s International
League for Peace and Freedom; FORUM (Federation of Retired Union
Members); UFCW #428; California Poor Peoples Economic Human Rights
Campaign; CARA; Santa Clara County Democratic Party; California
Physicians Alliance/

REFRESHMENTS AND CHILDCARE WILL BE AVAILABLE

FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL (408) 977-1275 OR (650) 322-9609

My question is how did we miss endorsing this meeting?