[Sosfbay-discuss] Brokaw's Global Warming is Replaying tonight onDiscovery Channel-8 PM (EOM)

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun Jul 23 11:15:36 PDT 2006

>It was particularly interesting, though, that the assessment of our impact
>on the climate boiled down to things done by the "average" households ("the
>Smiths").  The implication that a change in personal consumer habits is a
>bit of a cop-out, no?

At one level, maybe it is.  However, to get people to buy in to the
possibility that maybe it is true, we start with small steps.  Then,
once they have admitted that there are really things thay can do, the
next step follows, like voting out the nay-sayers.

I talked to a neighbor last night, joking about global warming being the
cause of yesterday's 114 heat, and they referenced their source for
doubt... Michael Savage, who "did his own research on the subject."
Needless to say, my neighbor is a Republican.

Wes

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024