[Sosfbay-discuss] GPCA distribution?

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Fri Jun 30 15:02:51 PDT 2006

>Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Bob Alavi <baalavi at yahoo.com>
>To: sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org
>Subject: [Sosfbay-discuss] GPCA distribution?

>Does this sound right or a virus?!
>
>  Just received a note prefixed with GPCA (from Judson -- Admin) with the subject line: "Your medicine is rEady", or something close.
>
>  I deleted it anyway.

*Everything* in a junk email is a lie, except those "Received"
lines in the message header that were generated by
your ISP.  The From, envelope-sender, and Subject are lies.
The "remove me" link is a lie.  The language encoding
and attachment type are lies.  The story about the widow
with the box of money is a lie.

You can ignore it all.
Or you can look up the sender's IP address and report it.
Comcast and AT&T obviously don't care about their residential
customers who get spamming trojans.  But sometimes it's a school
or library with a compromised server.  They're almost always glad
to hear about it.  Let 'em know the Green Party is looking
out for them even if their giant corporate ISP and their
software vendor aren't.

Handy lookup tools at dnsstuff.com, samspade.org, geektools.com.

Cameron