[Sosfbay-discuss] Walking the Talk

Roy thinkgreen at threeparty.org
Mon Mar 13 17:15:41 PST 2006

Willits CA is trying to create a Local economy. Quite interesting. There's
a 3 day symposium the beginning of next month. They've already passed a
resolution to green their city hall and are creating gardens.

www.willitseconomiclocalization.org

Europe is also pushing SLOW cities.

Peace

Roy

"Humans who enslave, castrate, experiment on and fillet other animals have
had an understandable penchant for pretending animals do not feel pain. A
sharp distinction between humans and 'animals' is essential if we are to
bend them to our will, wear them, eat them-without any disquieting tinges
of guilt or regret. It is unseemly of us, who often behave so unfeelingly
toward other animals, to contend that only humans can suffer. The behavior
of other animals renders such pretensions specious. They are just to much
like us. "

Dr. Carl Sagan & Ann Druyan.