[Sosfbay-discuss] Letter to the editor

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Mon Mar 20 19:41:12 PST 2006

Today, I submitted the following to the Pinnacle News, a weekly that
reaches all of the South County and all of San Benito County.  It covers
Morgan Hill and those rural areas with Gilroy addresses that lie within
the 11th Congressional District. There is a call going out for
Democrats, Libertarians and Greens to re-register as Decline to State
and to vote for McCloskey in the Republican Primary.  It will take that
to make it happen. However, this letter clearly states why I think that
McCloskey is the one to take out Pombo.

__

In the game of politics, there are players and there are poseurs.
Richard Pombo has proved himself to be a poseur. Unfortunately, in
recent years, the poseurs have gained the ascendency.

On his congressional web site, Pombo says that ""I will continue to
fight to uphold the promises made to our
servicemen. I have proudly and consistently voted in favor of
legislation that would improve the lives of their families. I will fight
to keep the promise."

The facts are otherwise. On every single occasion since the start of the
Iraq war, when Pombo has had the opportunity to vote for the interests
of veterans, especially on health care and improved medical treatment,
he has voted against the interests of veterans and for some mythological
smaller government budget. He even voted against an ammendment that
would have provide for better prosthetic devices for those he litteraly
give a part of themselves in the service of our country. This vote, on
May 25, 2005 was over just $30 Million that he could not find it in he
heart to spend for our veterans. That is why the Disabled American
Veterans have given him a zero rating on votes since the Iraq war
started. He voted against veterans every single time.

The person who brought this to my attention was Pete McCloskey. He is
running against Pombo in the Republican Primary. Pete is a true veteran.
He was honored with a Silver Star and a Navy Cross earned as a Marine in
Korea. He is the only candidate in this race, Democrat or Republican who
will stand up for veterans. I just want every parent to know, that if
you have to send your son or daughter to Iraq, that Congress Pombo voted
against their getting the best health care possible if they should need it.

I have become a partisan in this race. I will support McCloskey as long
as he is still in the hunt.

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
http://www.refpub.com/
Tel: 408.778.3024