[Sosfbay-discuss] Sunday 3-26 march and rally

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 22 21:12:29 PST 2006

We still helpers for this event.
Please contact Jim Doyle.

Fernando Suarez del Solar, Pablo Paredes, Camilo Mejia, Aiden Delgado
will be leading a march through Latino Neighborhoods of San Jose on
Sunday March 26-th followed by a rally in Backesto Park.

The march begins at 8 am at Alum Rock Avenue and White Road in San Jose.

We will be having 3 Media Stops along the Route. Two at the Mexican
Heritage Plaza, the 1st approx. 9am, and the 3rd approx. 2pm.  The 2nd
Media Stop is at the Military Recruiters offices on Mckee Rd. approx.
10:30am, near Jackson Ave.  Our lunch break will be on Jackson Ave.
approx 12noon at the Jalisco Taqueria.

If you can't do the march, come to the Media Stops!  We can turn it into
a mini Rally!  Spread the word and make some noise!

At the March business meeting there was interest in
a) marching - at least part of the way
b) tabling at the rally
c) providing refreshments to the marchers along the way
   for which an expenditure of $100 was authorized.

The flyer which contains more information and a map of the march route
can be found at
http://southbaymobilization.org/
which also lists the Green Party as a sponsor

So,
who wants to march with them?  at least part of the way?
who will help table at some location midway along the route?
who will table at the rally?

Please let me know, and early if you can.

Jim Doyle (408) 269-3299