[Sosfbay-discuss] Pounding Pomob to a Pulp.

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Mon May 22 14:23:39 PDT 2006

Sorry for the Subject Line.  I forgot about the non-violence in our 10 KV.

But, after reading this, I hope you all know why I have been working so
hard against Pomob and why the impeachment resolution for Dick Cheney is
so important.

What I do not understand is how the religious right can still allow
themselves to be used by this coven of devils.  If there were ever a
group of people who should be stood up in front of the Church house and
pilloried, this is it.

I know one of the people who did the basic research behind these
accusations and I can attest to the fact that the vetting was thorough.

Wes
__
May 22, 2006

To: The Press
From: Pete McCloskey, Republican Candidate for Congress

Dear Journalist,

Enclosed are some questions I hope you will address to the Vice
President and Richard Pombo on Monday, May 22nd.

I will hold a press conference at 2 PM on May 22nd at the Hunter Plaza
in Downtown Stockton on East Main Street, at which time I will furnish
you with an indexed set of documents and evidence supporting many of
these questions.

Thank you for your service to the public.

Sincerely,
Pete McCloskey

For information contact:
Rob Caughlan
209.463.1200

*Request to the Press from Pete McCloskey
Republican Candidate for the 11th District of California*

In view of Vice President Cheney's visit to Stockton tomorrow (May 22nd)
for the fund raising affair hosted by Alex Grupe, Alexander Spanos and
other developers for Congressman Pombo, I hope you will consider
directing the attached questions to the principals involved.

During the current campaign for Congress in the 11th District, you have
noted Mr. Pombo's unwillingness to participate in a head-to-head debate
with me and his refusal to answer pointed questions at the single forum
where he appeared with me and his other Republican opponent a week ago
in his home town of Tracy.

I believe that the reason for his refusal to debate is the danger he
would have to answer questions about his relationships with the three
men who have recently pled guilty to conspiracy to bribe Members of
Congress. These men are Jack Abramoff, Tony Rudy, and Neil Volz, all
three of whom have given money to Pombo, as has John Doolittle's former
staffer Kevin Ring. Ring has taken the 5th Amendment rather than answer
questions from Senator John McCain about his relationship with Abramoff.

I will hold a press conference at the Hunter Plaza in Downtown Stockton
on Monday, May 22nd, at 2:00 p.m. to provide you with a great deal of
new information which has come to light, particularly with respect to
Pombo's willful inaction in regard to the continued forced abortions,
prostitution and the exploitation of young women in the Marianas Islands
as discussed in the recent issue of Ms. Magazine.

In the spirit of the New York Times courage in 1971 in publishing the
Pentagon Papers under threat of federal prosecution, followed by the
courage of Washington Post reporters Woodward and Bernstein in
challenging President Nixon's attempted coverup of the Watergate
break-in, I suggest the press ask following questions of Mr. Pombo, and
Mr.Cheney.

*Questions to Congressman Richard Pombo:*

1. When did you first become aware of the forced abortions, prostitution
and exploitation of young women from the Philippines, China and other
Pacific Rim nations in the Marianas Islands?

2. Why have you done nothing to investigate and address the Marianas'
problems with forced abortions as described to the Senate by Secretary
of Interior Babbitt in l998?

3. Have you ever discussed the Marianas situation with any of the men
(Jack Abramoff, Neil Volz and Tony Rudy) who have now pled guilty of
bribing or conspiring to bribe Members of Congress?

4. Were you ever asked by Mr. Abramoff or former majority leader Tom
DeLay to hold up or block the passage of any legislation which would
apply US labor and immigration laws to the Marianas? Have you ever
assisted in helping to secure "earmarks" for any project in the Marianas?

5. Have you ever discussed the Marianas or Indian gaming issues with
Kevin Ring?

6. Can you explain why you have declined to hold investigative hearings
about Jack Abramoff's lobbying efforts with respect to Indian gaming or
the forced abortions, prostitution and exploitation of women in the
Marianas?

7. Do you feel that your constituents are entitled to full and fair
answers to the foregoing questions, particularly prior to an election in
which you seek to retain your seat in Congress?

8. Why did you vote for the rule excluding from a "yes" or "no" vote on
the Shays Amendment providing for an independent House ethics agency?

*Questions To Vice President Cheney:*

Regarding the House of Representatives

1. As a former Member of the House of Representatives, are you concerned
about the failure of the Republican leadership in the House to pass a
meaningful lobbying reform bill earlier this month?

2. Are you concerned over the failure of the House Ethics Committee
during the past 16 months to investigate any of the alleged ethics
violations by Members of the House who received moneys from the three
men (Abramoff, Rudy and Volz) who now have pled guilty to conspiracy to
bribe Members of the House?

3. Do you believe that Congressman Pombo's use of the franking privilege
to send out mailers just before the 2004 election promoting the Bush
policy on snowmobiles in national parks was a breach of ethics?

4. Do you believe Congressman Pombo's charging to the public a vacation
trip with his family to four National Parks in 2003 was breach of ethics?

5. Do you agree with the House Republican leadership's position in
refusing to allow a vote on the Shays amendment to create an independent
House ethics committee?

Regarding Valerie Plame

6. In view of the evidence recently disclosed of your contemporaneous
handwritten notes on the New York Times article written by Ambassador
Wilson on the Niger yellowcake matter, do you now feel your office
should have immediately gone public with a rebuttal to the Ambassador's
views rather than surreptitiously leaking to the press the covert CIA
status of his wife Valeria Plame?

With Respect to Jack Abramoff
(Jack Abramoff was a Pioneer in 2000, raising over $l00,000 for
President Bush's campaign.)

7. Billing records obtained under a FOIA request showed Jack Abramoff
billed for 200 meetings between himself or his associates and Bush
Administration officials on matters concerning the Marianas Island
during your first ten months in office in 2001. Can you describe in
general terms what Mr. Abramoff was seeking to achieve? Did you
personally ever meet with Mr. Abramoff, or any of his other clients
engaged in business there, to discuss labor conditions, immigration
laws, or providing financial assistance to the Marianas Islands?

8. Could you please describe for us the role, if any, that Ms. Susan
Ralston, a White House employee and former associate of Mr. Abramoff,
played in any interactions between the White House, Mr. Abramoff's
lobbying team, and the Office of Insular Affairs at the US Department of
the Interior specifically related to Mr. Abramoff's Marianas Islands
clients?

9. Were the Marianas Islands and the problems of the Saipan Garment
Manufacturers Association discussed at the meeting between President
Bush and Jack Abramoff that reportedly occurred on August 9th 2003, at a
fund-raiser held at the Broken Spoke Ranch near the Bush compound in
Crawford Texas?

10. Why has the Bush Administration refused to appoint an independent
Special Prosecutor to investigate Abramoff's bribing and lobbying
efforts with Members of Congress and high officials such as David Safavian?

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024