[Sosfbay-discuss] My DailyKos Diary - DeLear v Berman

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 06:53:26 PST 2006

Here's a much too common staunch Dem response to the fine article by
Alex on DailyKos supporting De Lear.  This (un)reasoning is entirely
too common unfortunately.  I love the last line in particular.  "I
really don't want to read positive things about the Greens here." So
smacks of "Don't confuse me with the facts!".  Greens need to get out
there in the Blogosphere as Alex has and dispell the stupidity of The
Duopoly.  Take a chance, be bold and take a stand for Greens!

A Million Votes for Peace!

Drew

#
Voting for a stronger Green Party (1+ / 0-)

Recommended by:
SFJen

ultimately helps the Republicans. Green votes always come out of the
Dem column. That's why the Republicans fought so hard in Pennsylvania
and elsewhere to get them on the ballot.

And make no mistake, voting or working for any Green Party candidate
strengthens them for the next race. I diaried about this race
previously: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/10/10/113032/45

Green supporters are under the delusion that we have a European style
system of allocating representation. If in Germany, the Social
Democrats get 45% and the Greens get 10%, the liberals will rule. But
if the Democrats only get 45% because the Greens got 10%, the
Republicans rule.

On top of that, the California Green Party is particularly
irresponsible. In 2004, while the national party realized it would be
best to have only a token candidate, the California contigent wanted
Nader again.

I appreciate your goals and your thoughtfulness on this issue. But the
stated purpose of this site is to strengthen the Democratic Party and
especially its progressive wing. I really don't want to read positive
things about the Greens here.

by forkush on Tue Oct 31, 2006 at 04:02:41 PM PST

#
 I'm not a One-Hundred Percenter (0 / 0

--- JamBoi <jamboi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for posting this Alex.  Note that the URL got mangled and that
> the correct URL is
> http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/10/31/185258/33
>
> A Million Votes for Peace!
>
> Drew
>
> --- alexcathy at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Dear Green Friends,
> >
> >  I have a registered I.D. over on The Daily Kos, and so, what what
> > it's worth, I threw in my two cents worth about Byron DeLear verses
> > Howard Berman in a diary over there.
> >
> >  The Title is:
> >
> >  "CA-28: Byron DeLear versus Howard Berman - What is My Duty?"
> >
> >  and here is the Link:
> >
> >  http://www.dailykos.com/stroyonly/2006/10/31/185258/33
> >
> >  I tried to stand the "wasted vote" argument on its head by
> pointing
> > out that for antiwar voters like me in California, running out and
> > voting for some Democratic Party hack who is likely to be reelected
> > with 70% or 80% of the vote is truly a wasted vote.
> >

> >  Alex Walker

> JamBoi
> Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer
>
> "Live humbly, laugh often and love unconditionally" (anon)
> http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com