[Sosfbay-discuss] OT - video transfer recommendation

Sam Rafter gyral at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 20:11:04 PDT 2006

A relatively easy way to transfer VHS to a digital format is to use a DV camera
/ recorder as an interrim.  Get a DV video camera and hook the VCR out into the
camera's input.  Once the footage is on DV tape, hook the camera up to a
computer (via USB or firewire), and there are scads of programs to capture DV
to various video file types.

YouTube here we come!

-Sam