[Sosfbay-discuss] 9/11 Press for Truth- Palo Alto Oct. 27th

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Thu Oct 12 09:48:38 PDT 2006

Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance, http://www.communitycurrency.org
Carol Brouillet- 650-857-0927, cbrouillet at igc.org

9/11 Press for Truth Premieres in Palo Alto
Authors Echo Family Victims' Demand for a Real Investigation

      Friday, October 27th, 2006, at 7 pm, at Spangenberg Theater,
Gunn High School, 780 Arastradero Road, Palo Alto, Northern
California 9-11 Truth Alliance will premiere the excellent
documentary- 9/11 Press for Truth to be followed by a discussion with
the film's hero, Paul Thompson, author of The Terror Timeline (Harper
Collins 2004) and author Peter Dale Scott, who wrote Drugs, Oil, and
War- The United States in Afghanistan, Colombia, and Indochina
(2003), edited (with David Ray Griffin) 9/11 and American Empire, and
wrote The Road to 9/11: Wealth, Empire, and the Future of America
(which will be published in 2007).

Following the attacks of September 11th, grieving families waged a
tenacious battle against those who sought to bury the truth about the
attack, including the Bush administration. In "9/11 Press For Truth,"
those most affected by the tragedy, including three of the Jersey
Girls, tell the story of how they took on the powers in Washington
and won. They forced an investigation, only to subsequently watch the
9/11 Commission fail to even ask their most urgent questions.

Adapting Paul Thompson's Complete 9/11 Timeline
(http://www.complete911timeline.org), the film stitches together news
clips, buried stories and government press conferences, revealing a
pattern of official lies, deception and spin. Thompson's narrative
presents a different picture of 9/11, one that raises new, more
pressing questions.

What actions were taken by top government officials who received
dozens of specific warnings before the attack? Was Bin Laden and his
top al Qaeda leadership allowed to escape in Afghanistan? What has
been the reason for obscuring the evidence regarding the Pakistani
connection? Why, five years later, are so many of the families'
questions still unanswered?

Both authors have researched the CIA, Al Qaeda, the links between the
US government and the terrorists.  In addition to the issues and
questions raised by the film, they will look at the films' omissions,
including who was in command on 9/11, and the multiple wargames that
were being conducted that day which challenge the official story and
underline the urgency of investigating the crime of the century.

Tickets are $5, students with ID are free. More information- For more
info call Carol at 650-857-0927.  Proceeds benefit the Northern
California 9-11 Truth Alliance whose mission is:

"to seek and disseminate truths about the terrible crimes committed
on September 11, 2001, exposing gaps and deceptions in the official
story, and to thus inspire more eyewitness revelations, truthful
media coverage, and a movement that will bring the responsible
criminals to justice and eliminate governmental and corporate
policies that enable criminal elements to commit such acts."

***For the past 5 years, most of my work has been to expose the truth
about 9/11; the 9/11 truth movement is drawing national attention-
and I think the best thing I can do is help break the critical issues
into mainstream consciousness.  Most of the events I've organized
have been in SF and Oakland, besides my weekly Listening Project in
downtown Palo Alto.  I could sure use some help- volunteers for this
event.  We hope to fill the 900 seat theater- and get Thompson and
Peter Dale Scott's damning info on the incestuous links between "Al
Qaeda ops" and the US government into the spotlight.