[Sosfbay-discuss] Did My Bike Help?

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Thu Oct 12 13:27:46 PDT 2006

Bob Alavi wrote:

> Last Thursday (10/5), I parked my bike -- properly -- on the bicycle
> rack -- in front of the entrance to El Camino Hospital ALL DAY.  The
> "special effect" was it had Tian Harter's Lawn Sign
> ( http://tian.greens.org/ ) mounted on it -- all day!  Right in front
> of the entrace that had a lot more traffic, with much better
> visibility than my lawn!

I took a picture of it today:

http://tianharter.org/Endorsements4Nov7th.html

> Was that a better use of the lawn sign -- in front of
> the entrance than my yard?

I saw half a dozen people read it in the brief period I was there. Good Job!

> At any rate, on the way back, around 5 PM, watching the traffic going
> down Grant Road, I figured it was at least 100 times more than what
> passed in front of my yard.  So, guess what?
>
> Right.  I promptly placed the lawn sign at GRANT and SLEEPER.  Right &
> Ready in front of the heavy commuter traffic eyes.

Did it dissapear after that. Jac Seigal told me that was the lawn of his
friends house.

> Every Green I know seems to have a bike to ride and a couple to
> spare.  My question is:
>
> Can we make a good use of those bikes THROUGH NOV. 7, to publicize
> Green Candidates?

I just wired a lawn sign onto my bike. Looks good there!

> THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  I am going to rotate my spare bike in front of
> "Safeway, Albertsons, Nob Hill, and yes CALTRAIN".  If you think it
> may be effective, pass the idea on to State and National Greens.  Then
> remeber BART, Major intersections, FWY overpasses ...  I only
> subscribe locally here to "sosfbay".
>
> (Keep an eye out for the parked bicycle bearing a Green Candidate Lawn
> Sign :)))) at your favorite local marketplace :))))

I still have about 40 lawn signs...

--
Tian
Please come to Mountain View to walk a precinct for my campaign!