[Sosfbay-discuss] Help a Green get elected

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Tue Oct 24 13:17:36 PDT 2006

Remember?  Today and Thursday we will be preparing Tian's campaign cards
to be mailed to thousands of voters.

Where?  At Lois' and my place (Unit 45) at our Willow Park Condo at the
intersection of W. Middlefield Road and Moffett Blvd.

When? 3 PM - 9 PM.

Food?  Yes.  Spaghetti and Marinara Sauce will be served at 6:00PM.
Bring salad and/or veggies if you wish.  We'll also have Tian's Oreos
with ice cream.

We can have the World Series on TV with the sound muted.  Also, I think
Tian may be on a local TV station forum tonight.  If so, we can turn
that on too.

Please be at the BEE!

Fred Duperrault

Dear Green Friends,

Green Party activist Tian Harter has a chance to be one of three
candidates among eight to be elected to the Mountain View' City
Council.  However, he needs more volunteers to reach more voters and to
help get his message across.

Tian has been meeting hundreds of people, walking precincts almost every
day for the last month.  That is how City Council Member Greg Perry got
elected several years ago.

A number of volunteers have also walked precincts, placing Tian's flyer
in the doorways.  Still there will be a number of precincts he  will not
get to.  So it is important that the hundreds, or thousands, of voters
in those areas of the city receive his hand bill.  More volunteers are
needed to finish that job.

Also, on Tuesday and Thursday of next week (October 24 and 26)  a
campaign card Mailing Prep Bee will held at Lois' and my place, in Unit
#45 of Building #1 of the Willow Park Condo complex, at the intersection
of W. Middlefield Road and Moffett Blvd. in Mountain View. (The best
entrance is from Moffett, just north of Middlefield.)

The Mailing Bee will begin at 3:00 PM and continue until 9 O'Clock on
each of those two days.  Spaghetti and Meat Sauce and Meatless Sauce
will be served.  Pot Luck salads and/or veggies will be welcomed.
(Thousands of cards will need stamps and mailing addresses attached.)

If we are so lucky as to complete the mailing preparation on Tuesday, we
will notify you via this "SosfbayDiscuss."

Wouldn't it be great to get a real Green elected to the MV City Council?!

Please lend a hand!

Fred Duperrault, at 650-691-1215 or fredd at freeshell.org

(Tian's:  650-964-6481 or TNHarter at greens.org)