[Sosfbay-discuss] "Meet the Candidates" Event Prep Meeting

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Thu Sep 14 12:17:09 PDT 2006

IMPORTANT PREP MEETING FOR  the "MEET the CANDIDATES" EVENT

When:   Saturday, Sept. 16 at 4:30 PM

Where:  Fred and Lois' place in Bldg. #1, Unit #44  Willow Park Condos,
on  Northeast Corner of W. Middlefield Road and Moffett Blvd. in
Mountain View (650-691-1215) (Enter complex from Moffett.)

Food:  Shall we  bring individual brown bag victuals, have pot luck, or
order out for Chinese?  In case we have more than ten attending, we may
be able to use the Willow Park Clubhouse for more elbow room.  I'll
check to see if it will be available in case we need it for the
newsletter mailing chore.  (RSVPs - phone or email - would be helpful.)

Here is an agenda (open to amendments) for the Oct. 3 Prep meeting at
Lois' and my place.  (Our carpet was cleaned today so you can take off
your shoes and still go home with clean socks.)

A,  Group Summary (inventory) Viewing Where We Are Now and What Has To
Be Done to Make a Success

B. Media Events Calendars

C. Media Interviews and News Releases

D. GPSCC Literature-Media-Books Table

E. Other  Lit. Tables, Including Candidate'
    1. Invitations to Groups
    2. Conditions
    3. Placements

F. Refreshments and Music  (Is Dennis Kynne  a Green?)

G . Refining the Program Details
     1. Ceremony Facilitators
     2. Sequence of Speakers
     3. Donations Appeal
     4. Printed Programs?

H. Hosting the Candidates.

I. Hosting the Guests

J. Volunteers and Particular Roles
    1. Electronic Equipment Handlers
    2. Greeters, Hat Passers, Table Attendant(s), etc.
    3. Parking

K. Making Phone Calls to 100 -200 Prospective Attendees

l. Signs

M. Flyers  (Last but not least!)

N.  More?

O. I tried to use the whole alphabet but  ran out of  items.