[Sosfbay-discuss] Media for October 3rd

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Fri Sep 29 09:49:58 PDT 2006

Excuse me for being so overwhelmed that I missed Warner's Press
Release draft- I wrote a different version last night (thinking a
press advisory and a press release would be a good idea) hoping for
some feedback- got this from Cres Velluci

At 12:18 AM 9/29/2006, you wrote:
>do you guys need me to send this out to local media there, maybe hold a
>news conf. 15 minutes beforeit's due ot start...can't hurt, if no one
>shows, you'll be there anyway. :0 Let me know.

I responded:

That would be great!!! Any help would be appreciated- since you know
and are in communication with most of these candidates- you can do
what you want with the advisory to lure them to the event (aside from
saying we'll all be running around naked.)  I do have a media list
and a slow fax machine- I was planning on spending hours faxing- but
if you could do a blast that would be great.  Unfortunately, it is
Friday- I meant to get this out sooner- but I'm printing the new
bills and trying to finalize a big 9-11 event for Oct 27th which will
be another hook to get my issue legitimately aired in the press.

Let me know if you want to send this out- or a cherried up version-
so that we avoid redundancy of efforts.

I posted a version of my advisory on indymedia.org (as well as
posting our event on their calendar).

Green Party Candidates Gather to Challenge Torture, War, Lies, to
Revive Democracy
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/09/28/18315423.php

Text:  Tuesday, October 3, 2006, from 6:45 pm to 9:30 pm. at the
Historic Adobe House, 157 Moffett Boulevard, in Mountain View, the
Green Party of Santa Clara County is sponsoring a "Meet and Greet the
Candidates" forum with state, national and local candidates.

The Green Party which champions social justice, grassroots democracy,
peace has come out strongly against the PATRIOT Act, torture, and in
favor of impeachment, immigrants rights, electoral reform, and an end
to War on Iraq. The candidates who will be speaking include- Todd
Chretien for U.S. Senator, Peter Miguel Camejo for Governor, Forrest
Hill for Secretary of State, Methul Thakker for Treasurer, Michael
Wyman for Attorney General, Laura Wells for Controller, Larry Cafiero
for Insurance Commissioner, Carol Brouillet for the 14th District
U.S. House of Representatives, Tian Harter for the Mountain View City
Council (nonpartisan).

Local Green Party congressional candidate (oops- forgot to include my
name) said:

"Today, Congress failed in its duty to protect the Constitution, the
American people, any pretense of justice or moral high ground, by
passing a law denying habeas corpus to "terror suspects," especially
in light the fact that the U.S. government has employed, trained, and
assisted terrorists for years, including Bin Laden, and top Al Qaeda
operative, Mohammed the American, who was involved with the '93 WTC
bombing, the African Embassy bombings, and 9/11. 'Fighting terrorism'
is a mask for extending U.S. power abroad and curtailing our
liberties at home. We must rein in the terrorists, occupying the
White House, who are the real threat to our liberties, and a threat
to all those who stand in the path of their global domination project."

A reception begins at 6:45 pm., at 7:30 the candidates will speak.
 From 9 pm to 9:30 pm, there will be Q&A and Discussion. The Mountain
View H istoric Adobe Building, is on the northeast corner of Moffett
Blvd. and Central Expressway - directly across from the Mountain View
CalTrain and VTA Light Rail Station. Parking is available in the
parking lot across Moffett, and along the east side of Moffett Blvd.
<http://cagreens.org/sclara/>http://cagreens.org/sclara/

If anyone would like to offer constructive criticisms, suggestions,
another quote- please let me know- and I'll probably go ahead with
sending out an advisory now and let Cres follow up with a press
release on Monday.

Carol Brouillet
650-857-0927