[Sosfbay-discuss] Save Coyote Valley! Hike this Saturday and Meeting this Wednesday!

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 19:56:32 PDT 2007

Save Coyote Valley! Hike this Saturday and Meeting this Wednesday!

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd remind you: if anyone is free and would like to go on
a hike to Coyote Ridge this Saturday, you're welcome to come! All you
need to do is e-mail rebecca.svlc@ gmail.com to get put on the list.
You can also just call me at (408) 607-1709 if that is more
convenient. I'll be leading the hike, and there's a lot of cool people
coming so it should be really fun.

Coyote Ridge is a strip of rare serpentine habitat that is home to
rare plants and animals such as the bay checkerspot butterfly, badger,
tule elk and burrowing owl. It's super cool, and the wildflower bloom
is at its peak right now.

The place is also one of the areas that will be affected by the Coyote
Valley Development, and from the top you can get a great view of the
whole area and really get scared thinking about how it's gonna be all
paved over!

In case you don't know, Coyote Valley is 7,200 acres of open space and
farmland that the City of San Jose wants to develop. A group of us are
organizing ourselves to fight the development and kick many asses.

Save Coyote Valley is having its second meeting at 7pm this Wednesday
at the San Jose Peace Center. We're making some great headway on
framing the issue, contacting ally organizations, deciding on city
council members we'd like to schedule meetings with and coming up with
informational materials. You guys are very busy, so no pressure, but
if anyone could make it out, it'd be great! We need help with
everything, from research to art and music making... Get involved!

Mark Anthony Medeiros
www.savecoyotevalle y.com
coyotevalley@ inbox.com

JamBoi
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
See http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=JamBoi

"To the brave belong all things"
Celts invading the Italian Penninsula's reply when queried as to their intentions by nervous Romans around 400BC

Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com