[Sosfbay-discuss] Proposal to move future General Meetings to 3rd Thursda...

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 11:16:07 PDT 2007

I interpret the results so far for the Third Thursday to be the best.
Fred had MVPP *sometimes* conflicting and Gerry has the (not required,
but Gerry desires to attend sometimes) Sunnyvale Bicycle & Ped.
Commission conflicting.  If Gerry or others want to go into a more
complex process of including a larger array of dates I'll leave that to
them to propose, but so far IMO it looks very good for the 3rd
Thursday.

Thank you Cameron for providing the background info on moving from the
Indian restaraunt.  I think holding it there occaisionally would still
be a good idea.

I think the idea of holding meetings at progressive churches is
excellent.  One thing hopefully someone here can inform us about though
that came up when I talked to the very same aforementioned First United
Methodist Church of Campbell is the need for event liability insurance.
 They don't provide it and expected us to provide it.  Does the state
party cover us on this or do we need to make some sort of arrangements
of our own?

Organize, Energize, Coalize!

Drew

--- cls at truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:

> Third Thursday works for me.
>
> One reason we left the Indian place was the cost.
> Dinner, a beer, and a tip would come close to twenty bucks.
> Another reason is they don't heat the place in the winter.
> I caught a cold there once.
> Third reason was the limited menu.  Some people don't like
> Indian cuisine, or it doesn't agree with them.  Even if
> you like it, it gets monotonous.
>
> I think we should approach progressive churches again.
> A lot of them have been given bad advice that
> their tax status is at risk if they do *anything*
> for a political party.  I'm not a lawyer, but my
> understanding is they're not allowed to spend more
> than 10% of their resources electioneering, promoting
> specific candidates or legislation, etc.  Renting
> out a room once a month at cost doesn't come close,
> even allowing that the rules are enforced more
> strictly against progressives than against
> the adminitration's friends.  We'd need to get some
> real legal advice first.
>
> Last year's WILPF
> Holiday Peace Fair was at United Methodist in Campbell.
> The back room where the child care was would be
> perfect.  Good acoustics, good lighting, there's
> a kitchen across the hall, and a variety of
> carry-out nearby.  No Internet access, but you
> can't have everything.
>
> Cameron

JamBoi: Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
See http://google.com/search?hl=en&q=JamBoi
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Reply from Celts invading the Italian penninsula's when nervous Romans asked.
approx 400BC