[Sosfbay-discuss] Where Do Your Taxes Go

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 21:17:30 PDT 2007

Hi Curt,

I have to respectfully disagree with your claim that the
budgetary issue is a selfish one.  I've been so swamped lately
that I completely forgot, but my intention for months had
been to produce the linked essay as a leaflet for the tax-filing
crowds at the post office.

It claims that the tax-budget pie we're all familiar with is wrong,
and that actually 67% of every tax dollar goes to the military.
Military spending is conventionally under-reported because
many military expenses such as veterans' care, service of military
debt, and the Atomic Energy Commission are left out of the
military budget.  Also, trust-funded programs such as Social
Security and Medicare are counted as government expenditures
when they should be left out of the tax-funded pie.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050605/NEWS/506050332/1030/FEATURES15&template=printart

Let's all do all we can to derail the war machine that is blighting
the planet, including educating the taxpayers about its true cost!

Brian