[Sosfbay-discuss] Where Do Your Taxes Go

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Wed Apr 18 11:02:11 PDT 2007

Whoever replied to the MVVP annual "Tax Day" demonstration is correct
that "War crimes should take precedence to budgetary issues,"  However,
  the Mountain View Voices for Peace (MVVP), with its limited number of
activists, uses most every strategy possible to try to end the
slaughtering that has been going on in Iraq for more that three years.

Educating. or reminding, taxpayers that the largest chunk of their fed-
eral taxes are used to support the five year $500,000,000,000 Iraq
Debacle is just another effective way to stimulate outrage over the
onslaught. It is a way to reach people on the fence or who support the
war. Some people may not be as concerned about the casualties of the
victims of America's violent jingoism as does the criticizer of MVVP,
but they are the ones who are supporting our government to continue the
occupation.

Another point: The people who participated in the "Tax Day"
demonstration have each spent hundreds, possibly thousands, of hours of
their free time participating in variety of actions trying to stop the
stupid exercise in Iraq.

They know "There's a world out there..."

Fred D.

OK, this is not going to make any fans, but...

with close to 800,000 civilian deaths in Iraq (more than estimated
deaths in Dafur), I think this approach is very selfish.  War crimes
should take
precedence to budgetary issues.  There's a world out there folks.

TV