[Sosfbay-discuss] "the key to preserving the planet may rest in the nation's youth" - McCloskey

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 21:12:26 PDT 2007

My extensive experience with youth and young adults gives me tons o'
hope and is one of the key reasons I have such an optimistic outlook on
where the GPSCC, the GPCA, the GP-US, America and the Earth are going!
 Its the Boomers and older that tend to be constantly downbeat (and if
there's was the full story I might agree). Hope is on its way!  If I
was ever tempted to be down about things I just remember about the
tremendous amount of energy for progess the youth and young adults are
bringing and I realize how good its going to be.

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

--- Wes Rolley <wrolley at charter.net> wrote:

> Comments from today's SJ Mercury News:
>
> http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_5720759
>
> But for all his work, McCloskey said that the key to preserving the
> planet may rest in the nation's youth. Just as they did 37 years ago,
>
> young people today must get involved, he said, and insist that their
> elders do likewise.
>
> "It was a force out there that nobody wanted to take on," McCloskey
> said. "That, really, is the explanation of why Earth Day was
> successful."
>
> --
>
> I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
> Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
> Being willing is not enough;
> We must do. –Leonardo DaVinci
> Wesley C. Rolley
> 17211 Quail Court
> Morgan Hill, CA 95037
> (408)778-3024 - http://cagreening.blogspot.com

JamBoi: Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC