[Sosfbay-discuss] Tax Day to Earth Day

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Wed Apr 25 13:01:54 PDT 2007

I boycotted corporate shopping from Tax Day to Earth Day.
For me the surprise of the week was that it ment I couldn't
shop at Safeway. I'd expected the impact on my eating of no
soymilk, cheese and the like, but the part I hadn't realized was
that I couldn't pick up any cash there. All the ATMS where my
cards are wecome for free are much further away than Safeway.
Oh well, the week worked out anyhow...

Actually, for activism it was a glorious week. I was busy almost
every day. The only days I used my camera though were Tax Day:

http://tian.greens.org/MountainView/MVVP/TaxDay2007/index.html

and the day before Earth Day. That was when the Catalysts of Hope,
a family riding their bikes from Washington State to Washington DC
spent time in San Jose and Berkeley. You can see those pictures at:

http://tian.greens.org/SanJose/CatalystsOfHope/index.html

Actually, that bike trip might be a good thing to support.
I suggest finding out if it is passing near you and checking it out
then. You can find out more about it at:

http://www.catalystsofhope.org

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org